Friday, November 6, 2009

It's that time again

As with this time last year, I have the chronic pre-race jitters. The usual questions are swimming round in my head like sharks waiting to pull me under. Have I done enough training? Have I done the right sort of training? Have I tapered right? Is my gear sorted? Will the weather behave?
This year is better than last though. I know what I'm in for. I know my training has been better structured this year. I know I'm stronger, I have muscles where I haven't had muscles before. I've clean and polished and lubed my bike to within an inch of its life and its running smoothly. I know I have the right bike for the job.

This year I am ready for the Molesworth. This year I'll keep warm and hydrated and feed. This year I'll still be alive at the end. Bring it on, I can't wait.

No comments: